07 Feb 2020
You have a company pension scheme or a personal pension plan. How do you keep track of it all?
There are important questions that you need to ask your financial adviser or pensions administrator.
• What kind of work pension do I have? – Is it a defined benefits scheme or a defined contributions scheme?
• What kind of personal pension do I have?
• How much is being contributed into my pension and is it enough? – You need to know how much is being contributed between your work pension and your private pension and if it will be enough for retirement.
• You need to know how your contributions are being invested – Which funds are they invested in and how are they performing.
• Is your pension globally diversified to ensure maximum exposure and spread risk?
• Do you know what fees you are paying? – You might find better funds that charge lower fees.
• You need to know how many pensions you have – you might have several company pensions that you could consolidate into one.
How can you improve your pension?
It is important that you have regular pension check-ups with your adviser to revise your pension and financial goals. Your circumstances may have changed, and this could affect your retirement plans.
• You got married and now have a spouse to provide for.
• Your family situation has changed.
• You have decided to retire abroad – your financial situation needs to be adjusted accordingly.
• You have received a promotion and have more disposable income to invest.
• You have received an inheritance.
Your deVere Acuma adviser will do regular reviews with you to understand how your retirement portfolio works and if you are on track with your financial goals. [email protected]
Please note, the above is for education purposes only and does not constitute advice. You should always contact your deVere Acuma adviser for a personal consultation.
* No liability can be accepted for any actions taken or refrained from being taken, as a result of reading the above.